News

Upcoming Events:


8/23 - Open Mic @ Franks Power Plant 10pm

8/31 - Choose Your Own Adventure Show "Pick Your Poison" @ Henry's (see flyer below for more details)











Monday, September 13, 2010

Double Dose of Brittney Lynn Anderson

Now You're Smitten
by Brittney Lynn Anderson


I talk dirty to you in the
most sophisticated manner
explaining that

you remind me of
the grainy newspaper print
I only use in the morning
when I can't find my
clothes.

You can brew coffee,
even drink it like wine
but I still bend beneath the window pane
like frayed wire ends and tease you
into my body count.

I tell it how it is and
whisper into your skin
that we digress from
a revolutionized, gutted bed
and the reason you can't feel anything
is because atomically

you are disappearing
like gunpowder mistaken for sugar.




Genesis 3:14-15
by Brittney Lynn Anderson


I.

let me refresh your memory:
annihilation is a word

flushing your cheeks pink
everytime you get hold of me,
reapplying lipstick to stress
irony, of the cracks in your ego
I crawl underneath

still,
you're sexy in that
awkward, subtle way-
the same way your hair, damp after sex
sticks to your face

and alone,
I can't do much
but marvel at your ability to dissemble

me into dust.


II.

[you are the bright white nothingness
people describe before they wander
off into death

and by nothingness, I mean abyss
like way you speak and the shape of your
lips, streaming words around me in
the language of harp strings

and by death, I mean me
linking the gaps between shotgun
shells, right before they clink and fall

like you unto cemented ground.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to add?